Portrait Artists of Arizona Membership Continuing Education Scholarship 2017
The purpose of this annual scholarship is to award PAOA members seeking assistance with the cost of portraiture/figurative continuing art education. It is designed to assist with tuition to attend classes, workshops, or lessons with approved art schools or instructors. This scholarship is not intended for college or university classes. Tuition assistance will be sent directly to the school or instructor. This scholarship does not cover travel, lodging, food or other expenses.
Requirements for the award include:
- Submission due May 1, 2017
- Membership in good standing with Portrait Artists of Arizona
- Must be a member for at least one year
- A portfolio of 6 – 8 pieces of the member’s original 2D artwork in traditional drawing or painting media, photographed and submitted as jpeg files on the PAOA online application. Two of the pieces may be drawn or painted from photo references (no copyrighted material or public images.) The rest of the artwork should be done from life, and may include head, head and shoulder, figure, and figure and environment. Artwork should be at least 8″x10″.
- A short essay (200-300 words) describing the class, lessons, or workshop that you wish to attend and how it will assist you with your artistic goals
Applications will be reviewed by the PAOA Scholarship Committee. After the scholarship is awarded, the artist has one year in which to make use of it. The school or instructor must be approved by the Scholarship Committee. Tuition for the school or instructor will be paid directly by PAOA. The award does not include food, travel, or lodging.
Please make sure that your artwork is presented properly with your application. Artwork should be digitally photographed or scanned, and cropped so that nothing shows beyond the edge of the artwork. The photograph should represent the art as accurately as possible and may be corrected with photo editing software only to best match the original art. Each photo should be saved as a jpeg or jpg file with 1000 pixels on the long side or a file size between 400 and 500 KB. Each file must be labeled in the following format: artist’s last name, first initial, and title of the artwork, all separated by an underline. For example: smith_j_wanda.jpeg If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or call (480) 600-4178
If you cannot see the form below, you may try another browser or computer, or contact Sherri Aldawood for assistance.
- May 1, 2017 – Submissions due
- Jul 1, 2017 – Scholarship will be awarded
Applications may be submitted via the online form below.
- Member Continuing Education Scholarship Application Form
- 200-300 word essay.
- 6-8 pieces of art submitted as jpegs online.
- Applicants will be notified by email and/or phone.
- Previous winners of a PAOA scholarship are ineligible to receive another scholarship for at least two years.
- All artwork must be original.
- Artwork submitted in a previous PAOA Scholarship application is NOT eligible.
- Do not submit artwork more than 2 years old.
- Write and edit your essay and make sure that you have everything on the checklist prior to filling out the online application.
- Be sure to read the entire application prior to filling out the form.
- PAOA reserves the right to withhold scholarship awards if no applicant is identified as an acceptable winner.